It's Time To Post The Ten Commandments On School Walls Again!
What the Bible Says About School Shootings
By Betty Miller
Taken From BibleResources.org
School shootings have been making the headlines in the USA at an increased frequency. The latest shooting on December 14, 2012 grieved the nation, as authorities reported at least 27 people, including 20 children, were killed, when a gunman clad in black military gear opened fire inside a Connecticut elementary school. The killer then killed himself bringing the casualty count to a total of 28 human beings including the gunman, and his mother who he also shot. This latest tragedy is just one of a long string of senseless shootings.
Since 1996 there have been over 31 school shootings in the United States, with over 160 students, teachers/professors and others killed. In the rest of the world school shootings have occurred in Scotland, Yemen, Russia Sweden, Germany, Bosnia, Canada, Argentina and other countries, with the largest taking the lives of over 355 students.
Why so much violence among our young people? A Department of Education Survey which analyzed violence in U.S. schools reported that public schools nationwide experienced more than 12,000 fights in which weapons were used, 4,600 rapes and other sexual assaults and over 8,000 robberies. Other reports from Time and Newsweek magazines tell us the suicide rate among U.S. teens has risen 118% in the last 15 years while drug use has risen almost 90% since 1992. The Bible tells us about a time that these kinds of violent deeds and rebellious acts will be committed by children all over the world.
Prayer in US Schools Abandoned
The United States Supreme court made a terrible decision when they ruled to have prayer removed from schools in 1962. Statistics show that rebellion and violence have dramatically increased since that time. I believe this is another contributing factor to our children’s decline since then.
What Happened When the Praying Stopped
Specialty Research Associates, P.O. Box 397, Aledo, TX 76008, under the direction of David Barton, has released a report entitled, “America: To Pray or Not to Pray”, which uses over 100 pages of graphs and statistical analysis to prove that crime, venereal disease, premarital sex, illiteracy, suicide, drug use, public corruption, and other social ills began a dramatic increase after the Engel vs. Vitale Supreme Court decision was made in 1962 which banned school prayer. The rate of violent crime alone, has risen over 330 percent.
Summary of Why Children Become Murderers
Read the entire article at BibleResources.org
- Our national preoccupation with violence that has saturated all forms of the media which desensitizes human emotions by exposure to so much murder and preoccupation with death.
- The absence of strong parenting due to the increase of both parents working. Also, the lack of a strong father figure in homes due to divorce rising.
- Ignorance of Biblical truths that show parents how to deal with problem children. Parents don’t recognize that their children need deliverance from demonic influences. This is a spiritual problem and cannot be solved by just therapy or medication alone.
- Lack of prayer for our youth in our homes and our schools. (Since prayer was removed from our schools in 1962 the rate of crime among our youth has escalated).
- The influence of cultic and witchcraft practices in our society.
- The failure of Christians to reach out to the misfits in our society with the gospel.
- Lack of discipline with a permissive humanistic influence toward children.
- Lack of teaching our children standards and absolutes as outlined in the Bible.
- Lack of regard for human life as demonstrated through abortion, euthanasia and evolutionary teachings of the survival of the fittest.
- The lack of teaching our children Biblical truths that promote character and teach them how to deal with the emotions of anger, hatred and revenge that lead to murder.